Noni by NewAge began as Tahitian Noni back in 1996.
Noni’s website does reference Tahitian Noni but drastically condenses twenty-four years into two paragraphs;
In 1996, we disrupted the health supplement industry with the introduction of Tahitian Noni Juice, launching a multi-billion-dollar industry virtually overnight.
Today, we at Noni by NewAge use our unquestioned noni expertise to drive our mission to help everyone experience the true power of paradise-a power desitined to change lives all over the world.
Tahitian Noni was founded by Kerry Asay. In 2012 the company changed its name to Morinda.
BehindMLM reviewed Morinda in 2015. We weren’t impressed with the company’s autoship recruitment focus.
In December 2018 Morinda was purchased by New Age Beverages, headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
Kerry Asay dropped his executive role in exchange for New Age shares.
Following the acquisition Morinda was rebranded as Noni by NewAge.
In its marketing material, Noni by NewAge provides a corporate address in Utah.
Noni by New Age is headed up by new Age Beverages Corporation CEO Brent Willis (right).
Willis was appointed CEO of NewAge in 2016. As per his LinkedIn profile, the Morinda acquisition marked Willis’ first MLM executive role.
It’s worth noting that although Morinda was dropped as a company name, it’s still used to brand Noni by NewAge’s products and compensation material.
Read on for a full review of Noni by NewAge’s MLM opportunity.
Noni by NewAge’s Products
In addition to maintaining Morinda’s flagship noni juice offering, Noni by NewAge has also recently expanded into CBD.
The company markets four product categories on its website; everyday wellness, weight loss, performance and energy and skin health and appearance.
Everyday wellness counts nutritional supplements and includes:
- Tahitian Noni Juice – “contains more than 275 nutrients and phytonutrients-including various vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and iridoids-to enhance the immune system, boost energy naturally, support heart health, and more”, retails at $40 for a 1L bottle
- Tahitian Noni Max – “harnessing the power of over 30 different iridoids from five sources (including Tahitian Noni), TruAge Max protects the cells from damage caused by advanced glycation end-products”, retails at $59 for a 750 ml bottle (25 fl oz)
- TruAge Extra – “delivers a potent blend of noni, blueberry, and olive iridoids”, retails at $45 for a 750 ml bottle (25 fl oz)
- TruAge Pure – “a concentrated version of noni iridoids, perfect for blending into your favorite smoothies or other drinks”, retails at $40 for a 750 ml bottle (25 fl oz)
- Tahitian Noni Joint Concentrate – “features glucosamine to help your body build cartilage, maintain flexibility and support joint health. Each serving also contains beneficial iridoids and polyphenols that have been shown to impede the formation of AGEs (advanced glycation end-products)”, retails at $17.99 for a 240 ml bottle (8 fl oz)
- Morinda Omega 3,6,9 – “supplies the body with essential omega fatty acids from high-quality fish oils and flaxseed oils” retails at $17.99 for a bottle of 90 softgels
- Morinda CoQ10 – “designed to … assist the functions of the heart, boost energy, and provide antioxidant protection”, retails at $35.99 for a bottle of 60 capsules
- Probiotic – “an easily digestible daily capsule that restores healthy, beneficial bacteria to the digestive system and gut to maintain digestive health, immunity health and gastrointestinal health”, retails at $23.99 for a box of 30 capsules
- Morinda Enzyme Blend – “help(s) maintain gut health”, retails at $29.99 fora bottle of 30 capsules
- Morinda Colon Cleanse – “gently cleanses the colon of toxins, allowing for increased nutrient absorption and promoting digestive health”, retails at $29.99 for a bottle of 60 capsules
- Morinda Turmeric Curcumin – “helps maintain joint health and assists in digestion”, retails at $23.99 for a bottle of 30 capsules
- Morinda Eye – “formulated to promote natural vision and healthy eyes”, retails at $23.99 for a bottle of 30 capsules
- TruAge Scanner Mini – “uses harmless UV light to quickly measure the amount of advanced glycation end-products (AGEs) in the skin, and then reveal the person’s TruAge”, retails at $699
- Nhanced Cell Defense – “designed to protect and shield the body’s cells, and help sustain and protect their healthy structure and function”, retails at $49.95 for a bottle of 120 capsules
- Nhanced Hearing – “a daily micronutrient supplement designed to protect the body’s hearing function, and help sustain hearing health and help address tinnitus (ringing in the ears), balance, and other symptoms of hearing loss”, retails at $75 for a bottle of 120 capsules
- Nhanced CBD Body Cream – “formulated to give you all the qualities of CBD with added moisturizing benefits”, retails at $59 for a 150 mg strength tub (4 fl oz, 120 ml)
- Nhanced CBD Roll-On Gel – “the perfect way to massage CBD directly into targeted areas of the skin”, retails at $62 for a 200 mg strength bottle (3 fl oz, 90 ml)
- Nhanced CBD Oil – “contains 500mg of the finest full-spectrum CBD”, retails at $69 for a 1 fl oz bottle (30 ml)
Noni by NewAge’s CBD products are also available in a discounted “topicals pack”.
Noni by NewAge’s weight loss and performance and energy products include:
- Shape Whole Food Smoothie – “combines noni with kombucha, mango, spinach and other whole foods in a delicious smoothie to serve as the perfect weight loss companion to intermittent fasting”, retails at $55 for a box of ten servings (also available in a 30-day challenge pack for $209)
- TruAge Sugar Stop – “contains a proprietary blend of earth’s best ingredients designed to flush sugar out of your body before it is absorbed”, retails at $42 for an 8.19 oz. tub (232.2 g)
- Hiro Energy Drink – “designed to enhance your performance anytime, anywhere with high-octane energy and superb flavor”, retails at $35 for a pack of twelve 11 fl oz cans (330 ml)
- Hiro Rapid Fuel – “features a patent-pending delivery system, developed at the university level, which delivers protein more quickly than any other means to keep you going longer and further”, retails at $45 a tub (I can’t make out the size)
I won’t cover Noni by NewAge’s personal care range here as it contains forty-one individual products.
For more information on Noni by NewAge’s personal care range or any of their other products, a full retail catalog is provided on their website.
Noni by NewAge’s Compensation Plan
Noni by NewAge combines retail commissions with residual commissions and bonuses.
Residual commissions are paid out via a unilevel team.
Note that a standing 120 PV autoship order is required to qualify for the Fast Start Bonus, Personal Rebate, TruPerformance Bonus, Infinity Bonus and Black Pearl Success Bonus.
Noni by NewAge also charges currency exchange and data processing fees on commissions earned.
MLM Commission Qualification
In order to qualify for MLM commissions, every Noni by NewAge affiliate must meet the following qualification criteria (quoted verbatim from Noni by NewAge’s compensation material):
1. Be a participant in the Premier Membership program
2(a). Have at least one placement sponsored IPC on the first level with at least 60 total QPV accumulated over the current and prior 2 calendar months, or
2(b). Have at least one personally sponsored IPC with at least 60 total QPV accumulated over the current and prior 2 calendar months.
Premier Membership program is what Noni by NewAge refers to an autoship subscription.
Criteria 1 is “have an autoship order”.
Criteria 2 is either recruit or have a placed affiliate (recruited by your upline) on the first level of your unilevel team who’s generated 60 PV over a rolling three month prior period.
Noni by NewAge Ranks
There are nine affiliate ranks within Noni by NewAge’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- IPC – generate and maintain 30 PV a month
- Coral – generate and maintain 120 PV a month
- Jade – maintain 120 PV a month, recruit and maintain three Coral or higher ranked affiliates and generate and maintain 4800 GV a month
- Pearl – maintain 120 PV a month, recruit and maintain three Jade or higher ranked affiliates and generate and maintain 24,000 GV a month
- Diamond Pearl – maintain 120 PV a month, recruit and maintain three Pearl or higher ranked affiliates and maintain 24,000 GV a month
- Diamond Pearl Elite – maintain 120 PV a month, maintain three personally recruited Pearl or higher ranked affiliates and generate and maintain 72,000 GV a month
- Double Diamond Pearl – maintain 120 PV a month, recruit and maintain four Pearl or higher ranked affiliates and generate and maintain 96,000 GV a month
- Triple Diamond Pearl – maintain 120 PV a month, recruit and maintain five Pearl or higher ranked affiliates and generate and maintain 120,000 GV a month
- Platinum Diamond Pearl – maintain 120 PV a month, recruit and maintain six Pearl or higher ranked affiliates and maintain 120,000 GV a month
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own orders.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Note that for rank qualification, Jade to Diamond Pearl GV is counted across six unilevel team levels.
For Diamond Pearl Elite and higher GV is counted across eight unilevel team levels.
Noni by NewAge affiliates earn retail commissions on product sales to retail customers.
Noni by NewAge pays residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Noni by NewAge caps payable unilevel team levels at eight.
Residual commissions are paid on sales volume generated across these eight levels based on rank:
- IPCs earn 1% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) and 5% on levels 2 and 3
- Corals earn 1% on level 1, 5% on levels 2 and 3 and 6% on level 4
- Jades earn 1% on level 1, 5% on levels 2 and 3, 6% on levels 4 and 5 and 7% on level 6
- Pearls earn 1% on level 1, 5% on levels 2 and 3, 6% on levels 4 and 5 and 7% on levels 6 and 7
- Diamond Pearls and higher earn 1% on level 1, 5% on levels 2 and 3, 6% on levels 4 and 5, 7% on levels 6 and 7 and 8% on level 8
Note that if a Noni by NewAge affiliate is on a 30 PV or more monthly autoship, their retail sales volume is not counted throughout the unilevel team.
Instead this volume is paid out via the Fast Start Bonus (see below).
Sales volume generated by recruited affiliate pays through the Fast Start Bonus over their first sixty days. After that volume is counted in the residual commissions unilevel team (detailed above).
Noni by NewAge pays a 20% rebate on a Noni by NewAge affiliates own purchases over 120 PV a month.
Fast Start Bonus
The Fast Start Bonus is paid on sales volume generated by newly recruited affiliates, over their first sixty days with the company.
The Fast Start Bonus is paid out using the same unilevel team residual commissions are (see above), capped at five levels.
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 20%
- levels 2 to 4 – 5%
- level 5 – 10%
Noni by NewAge takes 2% of company-wide sales volume and places it into the TruPerformance Bonus pool.
Affiliates earn a pro-rata share in the pool by:
- maintaining a 120 PV monthly autoship order;
- generating autoship volume over their first four unilevel team levels 35% over the company benchmark
- generating and maintaining autoship volume on level 4 of their unilevel team above 0
The autoship company benchmark appears to change from month to month. Noni by NewAge’s compensation material specifies a minimum 741 GV amount.
The Infinity Bonus Pool is made up of 3% of sales volume generated from level 10 of every affiliates’ unilevel team.
Diamond Pearl Elite and higher ranked affiliates each receive a pro-rata share of the Infinity Bonus pool each month.
Infinity Bonus pro-rata shares are calculated based on autoship volume generated across twenty levels of an affiliate’s unilevel team.
This volume is counted at a rate of
- 25% for Diamond Pearl Elites
- 50% for Double Diamond Pearls
- 100% for Triple; Diamond Pearls and
- 150% for Platinum Diamond Pearls
Black Pearl Shared Success Bonus
Noni by NewAge takes 3% of quarterly company-wide sales volume and places it into the Black Pearl Shared Success Bonus.
Affiliates qualify for a share in the Black Pearl Shared Success Bonus as follows:
- be Diamond Pearl or higher ranked;
- personally recruit and maintain three Diamond Pearl or higher ranked affiliates;
- maintain a monthly 120 PV autoship; and
- add an additional personally recruited Diamond Pearl or higher ranked affiliate every four qualifying quarters
After qualifying for the Black Pearl Shared Success Bonus for sixteen quarters, qualification criteria is reduced to
- maintaining a 120 PV autoship order; and
- recruiting and maintaining seven Diamond Pearl or higher ranked affiliates
Note that downline affiliates qualifying for the Black Pearl Success Bonus reduces their upline’s share of the bonus.
Joining Noni by NewAge
When I clicked “opportunity” on Noni by NewAge’s website I was sent to a page that pitched a “90-day business challenge”.
Supposedly if I don’t “build a successful, profitable business in just 90 days”, Noni by NewAge will “offer a no-questions-asked 90-day money back guarantee.”
In order to get started I have to purchase a “90-Day Challenge Pack”.
These packs are literally a business in a box. They contain everything you need to build a successful profitable business.
The 90-Day Challenge Packs cost between $299 – $365, based on which product selections are chosen.
Although there some qualification differences between Morinda and Noni by NewAge, there’s still far too much affiliate autoship focus.
Put simply: If a Noni by NewAge affiliate doesn’t sign up for autoship, they are locked out of the compensation plan.
If they want to earn any bonuses, a 120 PV or higher autoship is mandatory.
To give you an idea of how disappointing this is, I wrote this about Morinda back in 2015;
In a nutshell affiliates are defacto required to spend $120 a month on Tahitian Noni product, or find themselves locked out of most of the bonuses available.
Indeed, Morinda are quite blase about the “pay to play” nature of affiliate autoship requirements.
Five years later nothing has changed.
I also called Morinda out for failing to have any retail sales volume qualifiers. That too hasn’t changed.
What you’re left with is an MLM opportunity that, should the FTC investigate, will likely generate the majority of sales revenue via affiliate autoship orders.
According to the FTC, this would make Noni by NewAge a pyramid scheme.
In an attempt at pseudo-compliance, Noni by NewAge include this in their Policy Manual;
Large amounts of product must not be released to IPCs who cannot document compliance with New Age/Morinda and DSA policies on previous orders.
The insinuation here is that Noni by NewAge are discouraging inventory loading… while simultaneously forcing affiliate to purchase products to participate in the MLM opportunity.
How closely Noni by NewAge’s policies are enforced is unknown.
In light of Noni by NewAge’s disappointing compensation plan, evaluation of its products is pretty pointless.
There’s no getting around the fact that Noni by NewAge is likely running a pay to play pyramid scheme.
Given several FTC enforcement actions for this exact behavior over the past few years (Vemma, Herbalife, MOBE, Digital Altitude, Nerium/Neora, Success By Health and AdvoCare), it begs belief why Noni by NewAge haven’t overhauled their compensation plan.
It’s 2020 guys, not good enough.
Update September 2nd, 2022 – NewAge has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.